Saturday, October 13, 2012

Texas vs. OU game and Uncle Wayne's Bday

Today was the annual Texas vs. OU Red River Rivalry game in Dallas and also my Uncle Wayne's 50th birthday party!  Uncle Wayne just so happens to be a huge Texas fan so we combined the game watching party and his birthday party into one. 
Charlize has not missed a Longhorn game since the day she was born.  I was actually watching the Longhorns play while I was giving birth.  (It served as a great focal point!) Then every Saturday since then, except for the bi-week  she has dressed up in her cute little Longhorn gear to watch the game with Mommy and Daddy.  She brought them good luck for the first two games, but the last two not so much.  We lost last week by a couple points and this week to OU by ALOT!  But oh well!  It just reminds me of my very first Texas/OU game that I got to attend when I was a Freshman.  We got slaughtered, but I was still so proud to be a Longhorn!  :)


So we lost, but we still wore our colors with pride as the Mariachis came to sing for Uncle Wayne!  They were wearing burnt orange too!  Charlie was of course sleeping the ENTIRE time but I had to let her hear the music of her culture! So as they were singing and playing the traditional mariachi songs, I danced and swayed with Charlie so she can know that she's Mexican!  I even got to sing my favorite "Los Laureles" with the Mariachis.   I hope she could hear me in her sleep!
We had a great time, but being the new parents that we are we had to turn in early.  Cory and I were exhausted!  And knowing that Charlie had been Sleeping all day, we knew she'd wake up some time and dreaded the night. Of course as soon as we got home and walked through the garage door.  She was awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment