Monday, October 29, 2012

Grandma Corina

Last Tuesday, while Cory and I were in Austin, my only Grandmother suffered a stroke.  I was shocked to hear that my superwoman grandmother was now paralyzed on her right side.  She is recovering well in rehab at Irving Baylor and is so lucky to have a big loving family to be around her at all times.  I feel so bad because with Charlie it is hard for me to make it up to the hospital as much as I want to.  But Charlie and I did make it up to the hospital to see her a couple of times!
I am very happy to see that she is making great strides in therapy.  She is doing so well for the kind of stroke that she had.  We are now able to have conversations with her and she still knows how to make us laugh. She is still the same Grandma! She brags to the nurses about her only Great Granddaughter who was born in the same hospital only six weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment