Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Austin Trip

Today we made a small family trip to Austin!  A couple of weeks ago, Cory got a call from the Texas Department of Public Safety to come down to Austin for his final medical, psychological, and vision tests to be a State Trooper!  This is step 7 of 8 of the application, so this is a great sign!  Since Charlize did so good on our way to Sea World, we decided to tag along with Daddy as he made his trip down to Austin!  Besides, this is my last week off so I might as well take another vacation while I can.  
Cory was busy with his testing, so Charlie and I made dates with my friends down in Austin.  Since alot of my friends live in Austin, they have been waiting to see her in person.  
First, we met with my childhood friends Caitlin and Katie at Chipotle.  We had a great time catching up since I haven't seen Caitlin since my wedding and Katie since her Wedding!  Katie is pregnant with her first baby girl!  We talked all about pregnancy and babies and tried to convince Caitlin that she needs to be next and have a girl too!
Then we met my college friend Krystal at Chick Fil A for shakes!  It was nice to catch up with Krystal since I haven't seen her since my wedding too!  
In the morning we met up with my childhood friend Kristen!  She came to have breakfast with us at our hotel since she works the night shift at the hospital.  
I am so glad that Charlie and I decided to come down to Austin with her daddy.  Not only did I get to meet up with my friends, but we got to be here for Cory.  Because of his heart condition he was very nervous about passing the medical test.  In fact, we had to wait to see a specialist at 4pm on the second day.  While we waited we took a walk at Austin's Town Lake.  I've always wanted to push my stroller down there on those bike trails!  I just wish I brought a jogger!  


Cory and I waited nervously at the cardio specialist's office, but finally he got clearance!  The doctor said he was ok to go through trooper academy!  I was so happy to be here for him!  Charlie and I got to comfort him when he was nervous and celebrate with him when he passed.  I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't come along with him. It wouldn't be the same over the phone.  Now we will just patiently wait for his letter in the mail from DPS!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment