Friday, October 26, 2012

Charlie Meets Great Great Aunt Ciria

My Great Aunt Ciria is the oldest living family memeber on my Cuban side of the family at 94 years old!  Because of her husband's condition she hasn't left her house in months.  We have to go see her.  Since she wasn't able to come to the hospital to see Charlie, we brought Charlie to come see her!
Ciria cried when she saw Charlie!  "I haven't seen one of these in a long time!  She is so beautiful!"
Since my Abuelita Angelica passed away before I was born, Ciria has been like a grandmother to my cousins and I.  For some reason, even though she's never done it before, Ciria had a strong feeling that she needed to talk to my sister and I about my grandmother.  She told us about their relationship as sisters and how close they were as friends.  And she cried because of the strong feeling that she had urging her to talk to us about our Grandmother that we never knew.  I felt my grandmothers presence as we were there talking of her.  It was a great feeling.  I know she is watching over her first Great Grandchild, Charlize Angelica.

No comments:

Post a Comment