![]() |
| Cory and me practicing CPR and giving Baby a bath! |
Cory and I are now CPR certified for adults, children and infants and so is Grandma Carla! Now we can all teach our other family members so that no matter where Charlie is someone will always be there to save her. We also learned alot more about car seat safety. I'm so glad we haven't bought our car seat yet because there is SO much that we learned about different car seats today. Safety standards change every year so I'm glad we are updated on what is safe for baby Charlize. One couple who's baby is due next week has to go back and get another car seat because something was wrong with theirs. Now we know what we need so Cory can't wait to go shopping for Charlie's car seat.
We went to Chili's for lunch with my mom and dad and discussed what we learned and how much things have changed since they've had their babies. Chili's is Cory's favorite and Charlie liked it too!
The second part of class was all about infant care. There are so many things that I did not know about tiny little babies. I have been around my baby cousins and Cory's nieces and watched them grow from birth to preteens, but I've never really babysat them when they were infants so I really don't know this stuff! We went through all the things that could go wrong in the first six weeks, what's normal and what's not, how to change tiny diapers, and how to give babies a sponge bath and get them dressed. We had to hold our little baby dolls for the entire time. Charlize got jealous when I was holding the baby doll and kicked her a few times! And I was kinda sad to say goodbye to my baby doll at the end of class. I can't wait to hold my real baby doll in my arms when she's born!
After all of this I feel ready to be the best mommy I can be to Charlie! Only one more class left... breastfeeding!

No comments:
Post a Comment