Sunday, July 22, 2012

Childbirth Class with Cory!

Cory and Me practicing our breathing!
Today Cory and I went to Childbirth class provided by Irving Baylor.  We learned SO much today about what to expect on the day that Charlize decides to bless us with her presence!  From the beginning stages of labor, to breathing exercises, to natural births, inductions and c-sections,  to drugs and medications, to postpartum stuff we had NO clue about, we really did learn ALOT! 
I've read alot about the stages of labor and preparing for every time of labor that could possibly occur, but today I really got to go through the biological process of giving birth and actually practice having a contraction!  That's right!  And Cory did too!  We had to put a handful of ice into our hands for a total of 90 seconds which is the average duration of a contraction.  I had to coach Cory though the breathing exercises that we had learned to do.  It was nice to be on the other side and watch Cory have to go though the pain!  haha!  But really... it was hard to see him sitting there trying to get though the pain when I could do nothing but try my best to help him get through it.  At times I felt helpless, but we made it though the 2 minutes he had to sit there with ice in his hand!  My turn was even better!  I actually felt better going through it myself than to watch my love have to go though pain.  At first I couldn't stand it, but after I focused and went though the breathing techniques I managed to forget about the pain in my hand.  I actually felt confident that I could make it though real contractions.  At least til I get the drugs!  haha! 
It was also nice to meet other couples that are going through all the same things we are and see all the differences there are between our pregnancies and relationships.  We will meet up with them again next week to go over the second part of the class.  I hope to learn even more so I can really feel ready for baby Charlize! 

No comments:

Post a Comment