Sunday, July 15, 2012

Alex and Lucky's Wedding

Alex & Lucky's Wedding
Today was also Alex & Lucky's wedding!  Alex Griffin & Lucky Delay are our good friends from high school who have also been dating since then.  They took the long road to marriage just like Cory and I did!  I was so excited when I heard they were finally getting married and I also heard that she's ready for babies right away too since they've been together for so long so I can't wait to hear about their next stage in life too!  Hopefully another friend for Charlize! :)
The Wedding was at a ranch in Whitney, Texas near lake Whitney.  We drove for about an hour and a half to get there with my good friend Amber "Smith" Bell and her younger sister McKenzie.  It was fun to catch up with Amber in the car since I haven't seen her since before my wedding.  When we got there we saw the rustic ranch style reception hall and waited for our hay ride up to the ceremony site!  That's right... hay ride!  We took a 15 minute hay ride to get to the breath taking view of the sunset over the river.  It was gorgeous!  I got a little teary eyed when Alex and Lucky said their vows because I remembered how it felt to finally be married to my best friend from high school after waiting for so long!
We got VIP seats for the ride back to the reception site.  It pays to be pregnant!  :)  We ate BBQ, took a picture with a real Longhorn, caught up with old high school friends, and danced a couple of times too!  (It's hard to dance with a big belly in the way!)  Cory made sure to take me and Charlize to the dance floor when "My Girl" came on!  He wanted to dance with his girls!  We love him!  :)  He was a great sport for hanging out with all my old high school girlfriends all night and letting us gab all night long.  I think he dated like half of them back then, so he wasn't too uncomfortable!  ;)  haha!
Over all we had a great time and we are so happy for our friends Lucky and Alex!  May all their wedding wishes come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment