Friday, June 29, 2012

10 years!

Our very first picture together in 2002.
Today is our 10 year anniversary of our very first date!  On June 28, 2002 I asked Cory and his brother Shane to go to the movies with my sister Andie and I.  It was sort of a double date but not really since Andie and Shane were only 15 and weren't allowed to date.  (Andie told the story really well at our Wedding!)  Their 13 year old sister Katie tagged along too since it wasn't supposed to be a "real" date!  The five of us went to United Artists Movie Theater in Irving to see the movie "Mr. Deeds."  I rode in the backseat on the way to the theater because Katie called shotgun, but by the end of the night Cory made sure I sat in the front of the Hyundai Sonata (that he still drives) on the way home!  I guess after sitting next to each other in the theater and seeing each other laugh in that "movie light" we decided to turn the double date in to OUR date.  From then on we've been through so much together.  Lots of blissful "ups" and some very painful "downs", but through it all we've loved each other with all our hearts and now we are finally living our dreams.  That is what makes this anniversary so special.  After 10 years our dreams have finally come true and we have everything we've always wanted:  married, in our house, with a little baby on the way.  We couldn't be happier!  And this was all worth the wait!
Today, I surprised Cory with a video slideshow of pictures of our 10 years together that I made last night.  I used the recording of my band rehearsing "You're Still The One" because that song reminded me of our 10 years together and I couldn't get though singing it without crying my eyes out!  (I'm obviously a little hormonal right now)  I cried singing it.  I cried making the video.  And I cried watching him watch the video when he got home from work this morning!  Waaaaaaaaaaaah!  Here's  a link to the video if you want to watch....


Today turned out to be a very busy day!  Not only are we celebrating our 10 year anniversary but I had a very important doctor's appointment as well!  My glucose test was today.  I had to drink this orange sugar drink at 8:15 and then go to my doc appointment at 8:30 to get a sono, talk to the doc, and get my blood drawn at exactly 9:15 so the test would work.  The drink made me feel really weird!  Like drinking a mountain dew at 7 in the morning after staying up doing homework all night!  Yuk!  After our appointment we went home and slept.  Cory worked last night so he needed some sleep and I just felt gross, so I needed a nap!
Charlize in 3D at 28 Weeks
When we woke up it was time to see my friend at  El Centro to get a 3D Sonogram of Charlie!  The saxophone player in my band is studying to be a sonogram technician so he asked us to come up and get some 3D images of Charlie.  It was SO great to see her face again!  (I DID just see her this morning, but I can't get enough of it as you can tell!) We could see her chubby little cheeks, her little nose and big lips!  I just want to kiss her already!  Cory and I are SO excited to hold her on her birth day.
After the sono session, we went out to eat at Maggiano's Little Italy for our anniversary.  We reminisced over our favorite memories, all the places in the world that we've traveled to together, and ate some REALLY good food!  In the car ride I played him a playlist of songs that told "The Story of Us."  It was about 4 hours long but I skipped though and played only the first part of songs so we could remember it and then played the entire song for the songs we haven't heard in a while.  Of course I cried my eyes out while singing all the songs, but I'm pretty sure I saw Cory shed a tear when he heard some of them too!
After dinner we rushed to our Softball Game!  The Runs beat the first place team 13-2 so we are now tied for 1st place!  Whoooo hoooo!  Even though I can't really play anymore I still feel like I'm on the team and get ALL into the games!
After the game we went to our old movie theater from our first date and saw the movie "Snow White and the Huntsman" with Charlize Theron in it!  It was a good movie, but it was even better sitting next to Cory 10 years later as my husband with that same "movie light" on his face and that same smile!  I love him so much!  The best part of the night was driving home to our own house and not having to drop anyone off and say goodnight!  I'm still not used to that after 10 years of him dropping me off at my parents house or my dorm room or my apartment at the end of a date.  Now its me and him forever... and I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment