 |
| Countryman Family Reunion |
It's time for the Countryman Family Reunion! Cory's Grandparents, Grover and Virginia Countryman host a Countryman family reunion every few years inviting all of their families from Texas and Oklahoma. This year it was at their house in Lewisville for the first time since they moved from Irving. Each family was invited to bring an entree and of course Cory and I brought our favorite dish... a Chick-fil-A nugget tray, which was a big hit at the party! Most of our immediate family was able to make it to the reunion as well as several of Cory's first cousins that we haven't really seen since Christmas. So it was good to see and talk to all of them. It was also nice to meet Virginia and Grover's brothers and sisters and their families that came from out of town.
 |
| With Grandma and Grandpa Countryman |
We had a great time catching up with everyone we haven't seen in a while, eating the delicious food that everyone brought and watching the kids play their fun little games. Outside the kids played "water balloon softball" which looked like a pretty exciting game to play if I wasn't carrying Charlie. After the kids got tired of the game it turned into a water balloon free for all and it was a war zone for anyone who steped foot outside! For some reason Cory's neices had it out for him. Victoria came up to me and asked me to destract Cory while she hit him in the back with a water balloon. I told her that I was on Cory's team and I can't be a traitor. (I didn't want a wet husband driving our car!) Sure enough as we were getting ready to leave, Victoria snuck up behind Cory and hit him in the back with water! He was so mad, so I had to do my wifely duty and get her back since he had no ammunition. I took my cup of ice cold water and poured it all over Victoria from head to toe. Oooooops!
 |
| My belly name tag for the reunion! |
Little did I know that, now soaking wet, Victoria and her wet sister Alexandrea were riding home with us! So much for not getting my car seats wet! haha! It was all in good fun! We had a good laugh and a great story to tell when the girls got home.
Charlize also got alot of attention at the reunion! As soon as we got there we had to fill out name tags and describe our relation to Grover and Virgina. Cory's name tag said : Cory (Virginia's Grandson). My name tag said: Cherie (Cory's wife). There just so happened to be three pregnant women at the reunion as well including a cousin, Michelle, and myself. So we decided to give our bellies name tags too! Charlie's name tag read: Charlize (Cory's baby) Great Granddaughter! It served as a great conversation piece with all the new family members I met! Not only did Charlie get a name tag, but she got a cup labled with her name AND she got to be in the great grandkids picture with Grandma and Grandpa. They have sixteen great grand children with three more Countryman babies on the way! I can't wait for Charlie to meet the whole Countryman family that she belongs to!
No comments:
Post a Comment