Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cooling off at the Pool

My friend Nicole invited me to Cimaron Water Park in Irving to cool off in this summer heat!  She brought her cute little nephews and niece and I brought my cousins Taylor and Mia!
At first we hung out and chatted at the baby pool while laughing at how cute her little one year old niece, Brooklyn, was. As we were watching Brooklyn I couldn't help but think that Charlie will be splashing around in this baby pool some time next summer.  Nicole even said, "Next summer we can bring Wyatt and Charlie here to play together!"  It blew my mind!  She is going to grow up so fast.  She has already grown so fast in the womb and to think of  how big she will be next summer amazes me.
Me, Mia, and Taylor eating ice cream courtesy of Grandpa!
After I got hot enough, I finally went down the water slides and played in the pool myself!  I might be a pregnant mama but I still like to have a little fun if I can!  I went down the slides with caution after watching Taylor and Mia fly down them!  I made sure not to go too fast, but still have some fun. I think Charlie liked it!  What I didn't like was climbing three flights of stairs to get to the top of the slides, so I only went down three times!
Then I decided to do laps with my 8 year old cousin Mia.  She is on the swim team in Shreveport where she lives.  It was pretty funny when the life guards told her that the lap pool was for adults only.  They told her that if she wanted to swim, she would have to do a swim test.  She showed them up when she swam free style and did a flip kick on the way back!  She gave Taylor and I some pointers on our swimming technique like the difference between the breast stroke and the butterfly and what would get you disqualified in a swim meet.  She won first place in the butterfly and back stroke last week so she was a great teacher to her older cousins!
I used her techniques to get my exercise in for the day.  It felt so good to swim in the cold water and feel light as air as if I wasn't carrying all this extra pregnancy weight.  I will definitely be hanging our at the pool all summer!  Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment