![]() |
| Aloha from Hawaii! |
Sunday
We spent all morning traveling on long flights to get to Kaua'i but finally at noon Hawaii time, we made it! It was beautiful! We walked off the plane into a heatwave of Hawaiian breezes and the smell of fresh Hawaiian flowers. We didn't get "laid" right away but we did as soon as we got to the hotel. ;) Haha...They gave us awesome shell necklaces! We stayed a the Hyatt Grand Resort and Spa and it was absolutely beautiful! The first thing we did was explore the hotel and take pictures of the three luxurious pools, the gorgeous landscaping, and the beautiful beach. We had the most delicious lunch which is now our new favorite... a Hawaiian roast beef sandwich with Teriyaki sauce drizzled all over it! Teriyaki sauce makes everything better! We went to our awesome room, changed into our swimsuits and headed straight for the beach until the sun went down. We were really tired from the flight so we crashed out and went to bed early.
Monday
Today was an adventure! My friend Rachel and her boyfriend rented a jeep to tour the island and they invited us along to go with them. That's exactly what we did... an adventurous tour of the west side of the island. We stopped at the Botanical Gardens, the Spouting Horn, and made our way up 4000 ft of Waimea Canyon. Rachel really wanted to see a waterfall so we found a trail along the canyon. We went off-roading in the jeep and hiked a mile trail to the waterfall! That's right I hiked... pregnant... in a dress... in flip flops! And it was no easy hike! We were up and down a mountainside until it got dark. I had a great time reminiscing about the time when my mom took me on a long impromptu hike in Hawaii when I was 13! This was almost exactly the same except I was pregnant with my own daughter! Good times! We drove back to the hotel in the dark and went to bed early after another exhausting day.Tuesday
I really LOVE swimming so we just had to play in the Hyatt's three pools today! We floated the lazy river down to the water slide! I checked all the pool and slide signs and made sure it was ok for a pregnant lady to ride the slide. As long as I didn't do it on my back I was ok! So we did it over and over again and had so much fun! I actually did have to "work" today... but it's fun work! We had a sound check at 3 and then got ready to play at 6:45. We played the Sterling Jewelers party from 8-12 and we had a great show! Everything went well and we had alot of fun!
Wednesday
This was our day of rest! We hung out at the beach all day and watched the surfers catch the waves! We even saw surfer fight! I learned that it's not cool to cut off someone else's wave. I looked at Cory to be on "beach patrol" but he shrugged his shoulders and said "I'm on Vacation!" haha!
Thursday
We were ready for another adventure! Today we hiked up the cliff that was visible from our hotel. I've been waiting all week to explore up there! We found some great views and a great time. The rest of the day was spent chillaxing on the beach and at the pool. For our last dinner in Kaua'i we made reservations at Yum Cha, the Asian restaurant at the hotel! It was delish! We took a final stroll along the gardens of the hotel and went to bed in Hawaii for one last time.
Friday
Today was spent mostly traveling. We are flying back in time so it takes a whole day to get back. We started at noon Hawaii time and didn't get to DFW til 5am central time. The good thing is that Cory got to fly back with me the whole way. We didn't sleep at all on the plane and actually I'm STILL on Hawaii Time. But we are very happy to be home sweet home and we are excited and ready to start getting our home ready for baby Charlie.
Aloha!
For more Pics from our Hawaii Vacation click the link below to see our Picasa Web Albums...
![]() |
| Hawaii 2012 |







Glad y'all had a great time! I laughed when I saw the waterfall pic ;-)
ReplyDeleteLucky you! Glad you had a nice vacation!
ReplyDelete