Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cuban Night!

Ever since Bryan, Michelle, and kids have been staying with us, Michelle and I have been wanting to do a Cuban night, where we make all Cuban food that we haven't had in a while.  They've been with us for a whole month now and we're finally having our Cuban night!  So fun!
Michelle and I are both of Cuban decent (her mom was born in Cuba and my dad was born in Cuba), so both of our kids will be Cuban too!  We decided to teach her kids all about Cuban food.
We had some dishes in mind, but we also looked up in the Gloria Estefan Cuban cook book that I got as a wedding gift to get some ideas.  Michelle got most of the food at the store but she couldn't find plantains.  We have to have Platanos!  (Its the only Cuban thing I know how to make!)  So I made a special trip to Fiesta to get really good plantains to make platanos.  I also picked up my favorite Cuban crackers, guava paste and cream cheese. Since I know the Countryman kids have a hard time trying new things and finishing their dinner, I got a special treat for each one of them if they tried all the Cuban food.  Even though they aren't Cuban, I got Mexican sodas!  Of course they loved them and were already claiming their colors as soon as I came home with them!  They did great though!  Especially Cayden!  He ate EVERYTHING.  A real Cuban boy!  Alysa tried everything and really loved the platanos.  Brynn tried everything too, but her favorite thing was of course... the Mexican soda!  We had a great time and ate some great food!  Even our Gringo husbands enjoyed! LoL!

We have had such a great time this summer with the Countrymans at our house!  It's a great opportunity to become closer as a family.  Not only are we helping each other out, but I love always having someone around to keep me company.  The girls are fun to play with and Cayden blows me kisses every time I leave for work!  Love those kids!

I cannot believe it's September already!   Charlie is coming this month!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment