Friday, September 21, 2012

Cory's 29th Birthday

Birthday Boy and his baby girl!

Do you remember?  The 21st night of September?

I will always remember that special day! Not only is it Cory's birthday, but it was Charlie's due date and now that she's here this day is so much more special!  I have always had this image of waking up Cory with his birthday song and our kids jumping on our bed dancing to "September" to wake up daddy for breakfast.  The closest I got to this dream was in San Marcos when I made him breakfast and got Sno to jump all over him in his bed while playing the song.  Today my dream came true.  I played the song and Charlie, Sno, and I jumped on the bed dancing to "September!"  Charlie already knows the song since my band played it at almost every gig.  When I sing the chorus she smiles!  And she smiled as she woke her daddy up for breakfast.  She is six days old on her daddy's 29th birthday!
Waking Daddy up to his birthday song
We ate waffles and Cory opened his present from me and Charlie.  We got him an iPad because he's wanted one of those so that we can use it with our baby monitor.  We've wanted an iPad for a long time so it was exciting to finally get it for Cory's birthday!
We hung out at home all day, because that's what we've been doing all week.  But in the afternoon Cory's mom came over to make his Birthday dinner.  We had all the family over to celebrate his birthday and even an ice cream cookie cake!  It was SO good!
He really did have a special day, but what makes this Birthday so special is the baby girl. I started dating Cory when he was 19!  This is our 10th birthday to spend together!  But this really was the best birthday ever for Cory.  He said it even tops when I took him with me to Disney World last year!  And that was awesome!  That's how much little Charlie means to him.  She's all he wanted.
Now that Cory and I are finally parents, I look at him in a whole new light.  Not only is he the most amazing husband, he is the father of my child.  I new it would be different, but I didn't know how much this feeling of love for him would overwhelm me.  As I watch him holding his little girl with so much love, I can't help but love him ten times more than I ever did.  He has been such a good husband and dad.  He was great through all of my pregnancy, taking good care of me, especially through delivery.  He was at my side the entire time coaching me through the pain.  I had a fear that when Charlie came he would focus more on her and I'd have to just take care of myself.  But through all of my postpartum pain he has taken good care of me and Charlie.  Doing double duty.  I love him so much more than I ever have before.  And that is ALOT ALOT!

Happy Birthday to the best husband and daddy that I could ever ask for. Charlize is so lucky to have you as her daddy! I love you, Cory!

No comments:

Post a Comment