Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's a Charlie! :)

Gender Reveal Party!
Today was yet another excellent day!  Even though the doctor was mad at me for gaining 9 pounds this month, I decided to have another Chick Fil A breakfast this morning since it really was a big day for mommy and baby!  (It is dangerous that we moved right next to my favorite Chinese fast food and a Chick Fil A). 
School was a breeze!  Freshman STAAR academy went well and my juniors took their social studies TAKS test and came back to me with big confident smiles!  Also, I felt the baby kick in the middle of 8th period!  It was an awesome feeling!  I just shouted out "I felt it!"  I cried and the kids were so excited!  As soon as the bell rang I was ready to get home and get ready for the gender reveal party...Cory had been working hard all day on my "honey do" list and he even made a cake!  I got home just in time to frost it with him!  We had a blast making fun of ourselves and our wonderful frosting abilities.  :)  After the cake was done we went to Party City to buy the balloons for the party.  After buying over 2 dozen balloons, we realized we didn't think it all the way through.  There was no way that many balloons could fit into my compact car.  I didn't want to take two trips so I told Cory to just shove the second set of balloons on top of me!  Cory could barely see to drive because there were literally balloons from floor to ceiling in the car.  Luckily, Party City is just around the corner from our house! 
It's a girl!
The party was perfect!  Mom and Dad came over to help set up and our first guests started rolling in shortly after that.  As each guest walked in they chose a mustache or a bow to go along with our Beaus and Bows theme!  I also taped an index card with the name of a random baby item on their back for them to guess later on in the party.  Then they voted on whether they thought Baby "C" was a girl or a boy.  We ate Tacos and Taquitos for dinner and then went straight for the baby games.  Andie lead an "old wives tale" game which predicted that I am to have a baby boy.  Katie lead a nursery rhymes game, where we found out that alot of the young kids don't know their nursery rhymes!  (I thought they would be the best at it!)  Then it was time for the grand finale... the balloon box!  Cory and I opened the box to find PINK "It's a girl!" balloons inside!  We played Beyonce's "Run the World (Girls)" song to the room FULL of little girls!  (I LOVE my little nieces and cousins!)  Everyone was so excited that now we can call Baby "C".... Charlie! 
It's a Charlie!
Charlize Angelica Countryman to be exact!  I can't wait!  She is going to be such a beautiful and cute and sweet and precious baby girl!  And I am SO happy and so excited and SO blessed to have her in my tummy! 
Yay!!!
Today was all around awesome!  I had the best time with my fabulous family!  I'm so glad they were here to share this special moment.  I am so grateful to Cory for allowing me to throw "my little party" and for working so hard behind the scenes to make it happen. That strawberry cake was delish!  After everyone has gone our little family is just lying together on the couch basking in happiness.  Cory and his girls (me, Sno and....Charlie!)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your baby girl! Sounds like a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! The name is gorgeous!! :-)

    ReplyDelete