Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Charlie's Sick for the 1st Time

Charlie has been feeling pretty crummy since last night.  She's had a stuffy nose and cute little coughs all week, but today she was sneezing out big green snot.   I feel so bad because I've been sick all weekend and I know that I'm definitely the one who got her sick. Today Cory and I checked her temperature and she had a fever of 102. She held it there pretty much all day so we had to do something about it. Since she's less than 3 months old she's not allowed to take infant Tylenol and the emergency clinic that we would normally go to wouldn't take her so we had to take her to Children's Hospital's Emergency Room in Dallas. It was so scary to be taking our 8 week old daughter to the emergency room.  We went through all the steps of checking in and telling several different people what was wrong with her.   After running some tests, they let us know that all she had was an upper respiratory virus and they gave us the ok to give her infant Tylenol to decrease her fever.  We stayed at the hospital until about 1am until they released us to take her home.  Charlie will have to sit it out and try to get rid of the virus on her own, but at least we know that we can now give her Tylenol to decrease her fever and make her feel better.  I hate seeing her in pain and knowing there is not much we can do for her.  My first time playing mommy doctor was not as fun as I thought it would be, but I'm glad that it was nothing serious.  Get well soon Charlize!
Charlie and daddy at Children's Hospital
Charlie with her paci/thermometer


No comments:

Post a Comment